Upsher-Smith partners with NASPA to honor innovators in the pharmacy field
The NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award recognizes and honors a qualified pharmacist who has demonstrated significant innovation in his or her respective practice, method, or service directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented annually by participating state pharmacist associations, including those in the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award Winners
State honorees receive their award from participating state pharmacist associations during separate award ceremonies throughout the year.
Click here to view the 2018 recipients
- Alabama: Cole Sandlin, PharmD
- Alaska: Norton Sound Health Corporation Pharmacy
- Arizona: Kimberly Smith, PharmD
- Arkansas: Whitney Bussell, PharmD
- California: Tony J. Park, PharmD, JD
- Colorado: Amber Cizmic, PharmD, BCACP
- Connecticut: Lukasz Jamrozek, PharmD
- Delaware: Mark Isabella, RPh
- Florida: Mariette Sourial, PharmD
- Georgia: Charles W. Barnes, RPh
- Indiana: Jasmine D. Gonzalvo, PharmD
- Iowa: Michelle M. Bottenberg, PharmD, BCPS
- Kansas: Sandie Kueker, RPh
- Kentucky: J. Leon Claywell, BSPharm, RPh, FACA
- Louisiana: Joseph G. LeBlanc, Jr., PharmD, MHA, MBA
- Maine: Brandon Alan Archibald, PharmD
- Maryland: Jill A. Morgan, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS
- Massachusetts: Kam L. Capoccia, PharmD, BCPS, CDE
- Michigan: Gregory A. Pratt, RPh
- Minnesota: Alison Knutson, PharmD, BCACP
- Mississippi: Lorelei Farr, PharmD
- Missouri: Morgan Miller, PharmD
- Montana: Joshua Loveland, PharmD
- New Hampshire: Linda M. Sawyer, BSPharm, RPh
- New Jersey: Daniel DiStefano, PharmD
- New York: John Croce, RPh
- North Carolina: Rebecca H. Grandy, PharmD
- Ohio: Aaron Clark, RPh, PharmD
- Oklahoma: Kacee Blackwell, PharmD
- Oregon: Amber Franck, PharmD
- Pennsylvania: Lindsey Meston, PharmD
- Rhode Island: Christina Procaccianti, PharmD
- South Carolina: Carmen Monts, PharmD
- Tennessee: Julie Bennett, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
- Texas: Sara Robison, PharmD
- Washington: Beverly J. Schaefer, RPh
- Washington, DC: Jacquise Unonu, PharmD
- West Virginia: Gretchen Kreckel Garofoli, PharmD, BCACP
- Wisconsin: Julie K. Dagam, PharmD, BCPS
- Wyoming: Dave Bruch, PharmD
Upsher-Smith partners with NCPA to honor independent pharmacists
Each year, Upsher-Smith sponsors the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacy of the Year Award, recognizing an independent pharmacist who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to independent pharmacy and to their community.
NCPA’s Independent Pharmacist of the Year award is named in honor of Willard B. Simmons, a former executive secretary of NCPA and long-time trustee of its foundation. This marks the ninth year that Upsher-Smith has sponsored and been on hand to present the award.
The 2017 recipient was South Carolina pharmacist Lynn Connelly, RPh. He was presented with the award in October at the NCPA 2017 Annual Convention in Orlando.
Click here for LYNN CONNELLY’s Bio
Connelly is a graduate of the University of South Carolina. He has been owner of Medicine Mart Pharmacy since 1982. Connelly is a member of the South Carolina Pharmacy Association, including serving as its president in 2005-2006, and has been the South Carolina Pharmacy Association Foundation’s Chair since 2012. He is also an active member in NCPA, the American Pharmacists Association and the Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International.
Upsher-Smith VP partners with NACDS as a member of its key advisory board
Members of our Upsher-Smith Business Development team belong to various associations and trade groups in an effort to keep and sustain strong industry relationships. VP of Partner Relations Mike McBride, for example, is a member of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Retail Advisory Board.
As part of his membership, Mike regularly plans and participates in numerous educational and networking events. In May 2017, he and the board hosted its eighth and largest ever Market Immersion in Minneapolis, where 15 millennial professionals with careers in retail or consumer packaged goods shared their insights on what they find most interesting and exciting in stores. As members of the nation’s largest living generation, their opinions will help shape future retail and manufacturing decisions.