Upsher-Smith partners with NASPA to honor innovators in the pharmacy field
The NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award recognizes and honors a qualified pharmacist who has demonstrated significant innovation in his or her respective practice, method, or service directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented annually by participating state pharmacist associations, including those in the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award Winners
State honorees received their award from participating state pharmacist associations during separate award ceremonies throughout 2017.
Click here to view the 2017 recipients thus far
- Alabama: Patrick Devereux, PharmD
- Alaska: Karen Thompson, PharmD
- Arizona: Alyssa M. Peckham, PharmD, BCPP
- Arkansas: Jody Smotherman, PharmD
- California: Christine Givant, RPh
- Colorado: Paul B. Shaw, PharmD, BCPS
- Delaware: Stephanie Pro, PharmD, AAHIVP
- Georgia: Jennifer Shannon, PharmD, BCPS
- Iowa: Jordan Schultz, PharmD, MSCS, BCACP
Melanie Dicks, PharmD, BCACP
Holly Divine, PharmD, BCACP, BCGP, CDE, FAPhA
Tera McIntosh, PharmD, BCACP
- Maryland: Neil Leikach, RPh & Dixie Leikach, RPh, MBA, FACA
- Michigan: Andrew J. Reeves, RPh
- Mississippi: Amanda Wilburn, PharmD, CDE, CPT
- Montana: Michael F. Bertagnolli, RPh
- New Mexico: Brian Hunt, PharmD
- New York: Christopher Daly, PharmD, MBA
- North Dakota: Briana D. Fluhrer, PharmD
- Ohio: Erin L. Thompson, RPh, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP
- Oklahoma: Travis B. Wolff, PharmD
- South Carolina: Deborah D. Bowers, PharmD
- Wyoming: Shawn Dalton, PharmD
Upsher-Smith partners with NCPA to honor independent pharmacists
Each year, Upsher-Smith sponsors the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacy of the Year Award, recognizing an independent pharmacist who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to independent pharmacy and to their community.
NCPA’s Independent Pharmacist of the Year award is named in honor of Willard B. Simmons, a former executive secretary of NCPA and long-time trustee of its foundation. This marks the eighth year that Upsher-Smith has sponsored and been on hand to present the award.
The 2016 recipient was Iowa pharmacist Randy McDonough, RPh. He was presented with the award in October at NCPA’s 118th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition in New Orleans.
Click here for Randy McDonough’s Bio
Upsher-Smith VP partners with NACDS as a member of its key advisory board
Members of our Upsher-Smith Business Development team belong to various associations and trade groups in an effort to keep and sustain strong industry relationships. VP of Partner Relations Mike McBride, for example, is a member of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Retail Advisory Board.
As part of his membership, Mike regularly plans and participates in numerous educational and networking events. In May 2017, he and the board hosted its eighth and largest ever Market Immersion in Minneapolis, where 15 millennial professionals with careers in retail or consumer packaged goods shared their insights on what they find most interesting and exciting in stores. As members of the nation’s largest living generation, their opinions will help shape future retail and manufacturing decisions.