Independent Medical Education (IME) Grants
At this time, Upsher-Smith is not accepting proposals for IME grants. Please check back for updates.
An Independent Medical Education (IME) grant is generally defined as education for healthcare professionals provided by an independent education provider. An IME grant must meet a legitimate health education objective, include an assessment to determine the effectiveness of the training, and be developed and executed independently of Upsher-Smith.
What is supported:
Independent Medical Education (IME) consists of educational activities which serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, professional performance, and relationships that healthcare professionals use to provide care and services for patients.
Upsher-Smith is proud to support grants for high-quality IME activities which demonstrate the potential to improve patient care by meeting a legitimate health education objective. This is shown by an independent needs analysis. Upsher-Smith will evaluate IME grant requests for healthcare professional-directed educational activities that are developed and executed independently of Upsher-Smith and include assessments to determine the effectiveness of the education.
IME grants will be considered for education that is focused on epilepsy/seizure disorders with a special interest in seizure clusters.
- Shortly after a complete application is received, an email confirmation will be sent to the applicant.
- Within 4 to 6 weeks of the application submission, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant regarding Upsher-Smith’s funding decision.
- Only completed applications for future programs will be considered.
- Grant awards will be distributed following the execution of a Letter of Agreement. The Letter of Agreement will be signed and sent once the Grant Committee makes its decision to fund the IME request.
- Upsher-Smith is committed to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards and policies for the commercial support of IME grants.
- IME grants are awarded at Upsher-Smith’s sole discretion. We reserve the right to decline any grant request.
You can contact our IME Grant Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need assistance.